Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Strange Emotions

This morning I received a phone call from my ex-husband. The phone call came so early that I assumed something happened to one of my boys. Thank the Goddess they are fine(physically) however he informed me his father had passed away.

A flood of emotion overcame me as I listened to him tell me what happened, and it took everything in me to hold back the tears. My boys didn't take it very well and I could hear the sorrow in my ex-husband's voice. I honestly wanted to hug the man. I know I've spewed angry words about him, but we had a conversation the other day which I won't go into detail here about, and I basically made peace with him and everything that has transpired over the years. 

I think about my boys, and I can hear in my mind, my son Christian talking about "Bampa". They loved their grandpa so much. Is it weird that I am morning the passing of my ex father-in-law? My ex and I were just talking about him the other day. He was telling me how he was still being stubborn and was living with my ex's younger sister. He was JUST alive three days ago.  As my ex was speaking I was thinking back to when his mother passed away and how hard it hit him. He was much closer to his father and I can't imagine how he must be feeling right now.

My heart and prayers go out to my ex and his family, and most importantly my children. May the Goddess watch over all of them and heal their hearts in time. And may that man's spirit rest in peace.



No comments: