Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Sweet Little Pete

My youngest twin, Peter, was in the bathroom and I was on the computer here as his siblings were finishing their lunch while watching golf with their father. After about five minutes I realized he was singing in the bathroom and I hear him ask his father, "Daddy, what comes after seven swans a swimming?" He tells him 8 lords a leaping at which point I correct him and let him know it's 8 maids a milking. He went through all Twelve Days of Christmas while sitting on the toilet and making sure to emphasize the fifth day "Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive Golllllllllllllllllden Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings" as it echoed through the bathroom. The acoustics in there are awesome.

I'm laughing to myself here, as I don't know what possessed this child to start singing Christmas carols in the middle of March. I would have expected something more along the lines of "here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail...." or something like that.

He cracks me up. The things he does and says just amaze me some days and even on my worst days he manages to make me giggle or smile at least.

Like two days ago. He was busily drawing something at the living room table when everyone else had gone to bed. I kept telling him he had to get up there too, it was a school night. "Just five more minutes mommy". "Okayyyyyyyyy" I mumble. He comes up to me and says "here." I look at the piece of paper folded in half with an orange heart on the front and my name(mommy) in the middle of the heart.

On the inside he wrote:

"I like you mommy. Mommy is my bastfrad foravr. Mommy is my bast frad into wod."

Translation:
I like you mommy. Mommy is my best friend forever. Mommy is my best friend in the whole world.

I love this boy.

Who wouldn't?

He is such an amazing boy, and has this silent sweet side to him. Sure, he can be a handful some days and has a nasty little temper sometimes. But overall, he's a lovable little fella and I just can't help but find myself feeling blessed for having him in my life.




No comments: